About the job
🎙️ SquadCast.fm 📹
SquadCast.fm is an independent SaaS company that helps remote podcasters record their shows in studio-quality audio & video.
We are currently looking to hire a Full-Stack Software Engineer, emphasizing Ionic and Electron, to join our growing remote team. Here’s what the role will entail at SquadCast:
Build Creativity ✨
At SquadCast, we understand deeply how to build products that people love. We integrate quality and beauty; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight. It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
Create Massive Impact 🚀
We’re not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We’re defining a new category, the Cloud Recording Studio.
Our enthusiasm doesn’t stop there. Next: Mobile and Desktop! Together, we will be building the remote content production platform of the future.
At SquadCast, you will have a massive impact; you will help define product strategy and translate big ideas into experiences that warm our hearts. You will create gorgeous products that people use worldwide for hours every single day.
Do The Best Work of Your Life 💯
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will join as a core member of a seasoned 12-person team.
You will join a creator-focused team who have previously worked at Google, Drip, Northrop Grumman, and the Sacramento Kings. Our investors and Advisors include TinySeed, Jordan Harbinger, Espree Devora, Rob Walling, and Pat Flynn. Here we encourage growth and help build your career. Some of us have even gone on to work at Google!
We are building household brand loyalty and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and together, we hope you are too.
Together, you would be joining an engineering team that supports creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking. You are not limited to our stack, and we encourage you to try new tools out. Your background in Ionic and Electron would bring forward a unique perspective of the web platform with the engineering team.
- Collaborate with a team of remote software engineers that are innovating and empowering creatives to collaborate on quality content. Pair Programming Remotely!
- Build engaging real-time experiences that connect people to record audio and video in studio quality from anywhere in the world
- Develop new features on the web platform for different devices
- Support complex projects from planning through execution
- Contribute to the technical design, development, and platform goals for mobile and desktop apps
- Work in an agile-driven development environment with a focus on personal achievements and creative expression
- Promote code quality, new solutions, and deep thinking with an open-minded team
- GCP (Kubernetes & App Engine)
- Postman – Test APIs and Create Public API Reference
- Visual Studio Code – Workspace IDE
- Docker – Development Environments
- Confluence – Engineering Documentation
- Figma – Design Documentation
- Bitbucket – CI/CD and Source Control
- Jira – Agile Tasking and Issue Tracking
Sound Like You? 🙌
- Experience: You have 3+ years of professional full-stack mobile & desktop development experience, working across a web stack.
- Ionic Expert: You have experience building cross-platform mobile applications using Ionic and Capacitor Plugins.
- Electron Master: You have experience building desktop applications using Electron with Angular and Node.
- Product-focused: You take pride in building an elegant and beautiful product.
- Student/Teacher: You enjoy learning new technologies and skills to aid you in your tasks and enjoy documenting your newfound knowledge for others to read and understand.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and solving complex problems. You have incredible attention to detail.
- Quality communicator: You can actively listen and communicate deep thinking in collaborative conversations and writing.
- Self-Starter: You can get up in the morning and have a plan for the day ready. You’re able to look up answers, research solutions, and ask questions.
- Remote Life Balance: This position is remote, having some experience working on a remote team that goes the extra mile.
- Location: Remote / San Francisco Bay Area
You are welcome at SquadCast for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Zachariah Moreno is the co-founder, CEO, & CTO of SquadCast. He is also a podcaster, author, developer, and designer. He and his team are on a mission to amplify collaboration.