How Hosts to Join a Session
To join a Studio session start at the SquadCast Dashboard page. Look for the session you want to join under the Sessions box to the right and click the Join button.
Before joining a Studio session, you will be taken through the Green Room. This is a place to check and adjust your settings, make sure your equipment is working properly, and (most importantly) check the hairdo. 😎
If it’s your first time using SquadCast, your web browser will ask for permission to access your microphone and camera. Please click allow. To use SquadCast, access to your microphone is required but the camera is optional.
To change your microphone, camera, or headphones, simply click the appropriate drop down menu button 🔽 to choose the appropriate setting.
We recommend always wearing headphones while recording. Echo cancellation is disabled to ensure no volume ducking compression is applied to your recordings. Without headphones, echo or audio bleed will be picked up by your Microphone from your Speakers. This can also occur if your output volume is too high & your Microphone picks up the bleed from your headphones, especially with earbuds with a lavalier mic. Wear headphones & turn your computer’s volume to around half.
Click the Join Session button to head into the Studio.
All of the right sidebar functions (such as sending session invitations, access to recordings, chat, etc.) are available in Green Room as well as in the Studio Session.
Need Help Joining?
- Double check that you are using Google Chrome.
- Click the grey Lock icon to the left of the URL and double check that you have allowed access to your Microphone.
- Refresh the page a few times.
- Quit and reopen Chrome.
- Run a Connection Diagnostic Test.
- Reboot your computer.
- Reboot your router.
- Contact SquadCast Support.
No Join Session Button
Run a Connection Diagnostic Test & double check that Google Chrome has OS level permissions to access your Microphone.
- Click on the Apple icon, top left.
- Select System Preferences… from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Select Microphone from the list on the Left
- Make sure that Google Chrome is listed & it’s checkbox is selected.
- Refresh SquadCast.